[Talk-ca] [nzopengis] Re: python script to find duplicates

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 08:54:44 GMT 2010

Hi,
(sorry if im a broken record)
I know that Daniel and the NRCan-CanVec data team are desparatly
trying to figure out a way to be able to get the 'omissions' and
'remissions' data to help make the CanVec product better.

Perhaps the folks at Linz are already in Contact with NRCan? ... as we
(in Canada) also want to give back changes to help make canvec better.

The OSM licence is restrictive for it, but this is where CommonMap can
be of help in bridging the gap.

I know that Steve Coast does not want OSM to be giving back changes to
the government, as SA cannot be truely respected at the government
level.
... only if OSM was ccBY then it can be possable.

... so it appears to be a yammer.
(closed loop twitter).

Perhaps someone can find flaws in my logic?

thanks,
sam