[Talk-ca] CanVec Import

Olivier Hill olivier.hill at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 16:50:16 GMT 2010

Hello all,

I would like to remind everyone not to blindly import CanVec tiles on OSM.

I have recently seen tiles uploaded blindly, duplicating nodes and
duplicating features that were already imported (like wooded areas,
lakes, rivers, etc.)

I know it is tempting to see more data on OSM, but dirty data has no
value. Uploading tiles in batch is not crowd sourcing either as it can
be easily done with software.

Personally, I prefer less data but with better quality than having to
validate everything that has been imported again and again. This can
of course be discussed here, others might have different opinions.

Now, private messages have been sent to specific authors. If no
answers provided, we will have to make the choice to revert the
changesets or not.

Thank you for your understanding (and inputs).

Best regards,
Olivier

--
http://www.olivierhill.ca/