[Talk-ca] jsmart09's diary (canvec/ geobase discussion)

JOHN SMART smartowka at rogers.com
Sat Feb 6 02:04:30 GMT 2010

Hello Sam

Yes I took an initial look at this stuff back in
November or so but got stuck at a python problem. Taking another look at it
now. I decided to try to write a few notes in my diary to record my
learning experience, mostly for my own benefit at this time. I had not
realised at first that it is a public diary but I did see that later.

At this point I am learning, with a view to contributing some to the
map. Eventually I will probably put some Canvec data in and improve
some of the NB mapping (roads) that are there. If I have any questions
I'll be sure to ask. Probably if I do stick some data in I will ask for
people to review it to be sure I am doing the "right" thing.

I have also browsed talk-ca a bit and there is much more I could learn in there I'm sure. I see your name in there a lot :)

John