[Talk-ca] 341 CanVec features to review

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 01:08:04 GMT 2010

Hi everyone,
There are 341 CanVec features that need to be reviewed.

I did go through them all myself, and made the decision on what OSM tags
should be used, however. i think that it would be a good idea if we can have
3 OSM mappers sign off and indicate that they agree that these tags are
suitable.   I do think that others have gone through MOST of the features...
but there may be a few lingering. :)

(editing link)
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Am70fsptsPF2clAwc29KaXlGaGFwS1piUkxZWjc0ekE&hl=en

(viewing link)
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=rP0soJiyFhapKZbRLYZ74zA&output=html

Over on the 2nd tab "CanVec v1.0.2 OSM key/value" i re-created the chart
using the same .xls spreadsheet that is available to download from the NRCan
website & added in the OSM key/Value columns. .. as well as the entity &
value definitions that are available in the soruce pdf.  This way, we have
something more to go by to understand the meaning of the features.

The origional chart has more details, "CanVec_EntitiesCodes_OSM" which are
relevant, but not relevant to CanVec for figuring out what tags to use.

I am OK with Daniel going ahead and processing the data, however, my concern
is that there are still a few tags that i might have overlooked, or could
have proved an extra tag that would be useful.

Also, i included in the 1st data row (row3) a listing for all entities.  ...
this needs to be corrected.

P.S. If the link doesnt work, i can just add you as an editor.  (anyone with
editing access can also add editors BTW)

Twitter: @Acrosscanada
Blog:  http://Acrosscanadatrails.blogspot.com
Skype: samvekema ns
OpenStreetMap IRC: http://irc.openstreetmap.org