[Talk-ca] NHN and one way rivers

Kevin Michael Smith smithkm at draconic.ca
Sun Jan 24 21:44:36 GMT 2010

Sorry if this message shows up twice; I tried to send with the wrong
email address and the list server got unhappy.  I can't cancel the first
message but it isn't showing up either.

I was looking at the waterways imported from the Geobase NHN NLFlow
layer and they are all tagged as oneway.  As I understand it, that
implies a legal restriction on the direction of traffic, and I'm pretty
sure you can paddle a canoe upstream without incurring the wrath of the
canoe police.

There's also a rather vague 'type' attribute.  My understanding of the
TYPE column in the NLFlow layer is that a better name for this attribute
might be 'source:flow' as it seems to describe how the flow direction
was determined (Though I may be misunderstanding the docs)

--
Kevin Michael Smith <smithkm at draconic.ca>