[Talk-ca] Spot5 imagery (geoTIFF) wms serving

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Jul 2 16:34:15 BST 2010

Sam Vekemans wrote:

> And YES, the OSM Canada team should get more involved with the now 4
> local OSGeo Canada chapters.

I fully agree with this.  OSM and OSGeo should work together closely -
indeed this is why I wanted OSM's SoTM and OSGeo's FOSS4G event
together..but, shockingly for me, for some reason the OSM community did
not want that.  (a better discussion for the main OSM email list?  But I
would love an explanation for this)  Instead both events are to be held
in the exact same country yet at different dates (?!?!).

As I sit on the Board of OSGeo, I would like OSGeo to work closely with
the OSM community.

For example, it would be great if OSGeo can use OSM infrastructure, and
OSM use OSGeo infrastructure.  Or is this already happening?  (again
another topic for the main OSM mailing list???)

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/