[Talk-ca] CanVec edition 6.0 GMLs, projections and lat/long axis order

Gerald geraldruderman at airpost.net
Mon Jul 5 19:04:25 BST 2010

A month ago Brendan wrote "The only problem is that ogr2ogr doesn't seem
to recognise the GML coordinates are coming in latitude-longitude (Y,X)
order. . . ." Today Natural Resources Canada told me "After verification
it seem like your interpretation is just fine; the latitude and
longitude are effectively swapped. We are glad you informed us of this
discrepancy and the information as been transmit to the person in
charge. We  will advise you once the problem is fixed.

--
Gerald