[Talk-ca] 001k - coastline

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 06:21:45 BST 2010

Hi all,
Thanks Daniel,
On the #osm-ca IRC we were trying to figure out the best solution for
'ocean water polygons'.

Its basically this, if the body of water is a 'bay' or 'river mouth'
or has 'reefs' or 'no flow coastal water', then we use the
natural=water polygon, and just smooth out the jagged edges.
Daniel did this on a more conservative way so its even better.

Its up for debate, and one of those things that we will notice after
the map is more complete.
Another option, is to streatch out the water, just as far as where the
'deep ocean' starts. We have a WMS layer which shows this.
This allows for the naming of these water areas.

Twitter: @Acrosscanada
Blogs: http://acrosscanadatrails.posterous.com/
http://Acrosscanadatrails.blogspot.com
Skype: samvekemans
IRC: irc://irc.oftc.net #osm-ca Canadian OSM channel (an open chat room)
@Acrosscanadatrails