[Talk-ca] Duplicate overlapping roads...

G. Michael Carter mikey at carterfamily.ca
Tue Jul 13 03:25:54 BST 2010

Since I've had 100% accuracy to my known areas on CanVec data (well
within 5 metres anyways) I'd tend to trust it, over a change to GeoBase
data that has no supporting GPS Tracks. :-)

I am comparing it to the GPS tracks as I go, but like I said there is
many areas where there is no GPS tracks to follow.   Also, something
I've noticed, CanVec data takes into account bends in the road where, in
the areas I'm doing, GeoBase just has a straight line.  (Blind line in
Orangeville is one such road)

I'm sure I'll probably replace some "more" accurate data somewhere, but
the frequency should be pretty low, and with no supporting GPS tracks,
or quoted source, how do we tell anyways?

Mikey