[Talk-ca] Labelling camp site numbers.

G. Michael Carter mikey at carterfamily.ca
Thu Jul 29 00:10:14 BST 2010

This is what I hate about copyright.

So if copying the name "Forest Lawn" or Campsite 19 from a map it's a
violation.  What about copying the name from the official website?  is
copying the name of the Ontario Science Centre from
http://www.ontariosciencecentre.ca/ a violation?  (like I just did for
this e-mail)   What about standing in front of the campsite post writing
down the number?  It's also also a violation as I'm "copying" the
number?  What about remembering the number?   As I said below, being
able to copyright maps is the stupidest idea I've ever seen.  Are the
going to start copyrighting the landscape so an artist can't draw it
next?  I'm sure someone's tried.

Seems the only way to avoid copyright is to burn more holes in the OZONE
layer and drive over to the location and redo surveys already done by
several other people burning holes in the OZONE layer...

Sorry... went on a tangent... :-)

Mikey

--
*G. Michael Carter*
Contact: H: 1-519-940-8935 | W: 1-905-267-8494 | M: 1-519-215-1869 | F:
Google Talk: xmpp:mikeycarter1974 at gmail.com

<http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=43.9216&lon=-80.105&zoom=14&layers=B000FTF>
<http://livedvd.carterfamily.ca/>