[Talk-ca] Merging CanVec data, updating status

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 15:52:29 BST 2010

yes, i heard it way over on the west coast.

ok, here's the storey.

1 - we need to shorten the length (number of rows) on the main big
google docs spreadsheet.
so that all of the distant, easy stuff is marked as a series.  ie.
034-9 area - available
then i can just remove that whole section of rows.
so then the areas that are being worked on is clear.

there are currently about 10 people editing the main chart, and only
andrew and yourself on the secondary chart that you started.

what i can do is make a copy of the main chart, then start merging the
rows, and adding in rows for the quad-tree tiling.

the google  docs chart has a maximum number of rows that are allowed,
and it's been reached.

ideally, if everyone is on irc chat while working, this helps. but
it's hard to get everyone on the same page :-/

this way, we can merge the tabs to a greater range, i think this will help too,
so after 4 tiles ofthe quadtree area is done, it only needs to take up
1 row in the spreadsheet.