[Talk-ca] Merging CanVec data, updating status

Tyler Gunn tyler at egunn.com
Fri Jul 30 17:20:52 BST 2010

On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 11:06:47 -0400, "G. Michael Carter"
<mikey at carterfamily.ca> wrote:
> I think the spreadsheet is the wrong way to go where.   We need an app,
> that will show like this image below.  Nice and easy to pick which grid
> to do next.

That would definitely be the best solution.  MUCH more visual.

> I've actually been toying with an idea.   I pull daily planet files onto

> my server and mask out Ontario for building up-to-date maps for my
> garmin.  It shouldn't be too hard to match up % of CanVec data on a
> grid, and who put it in.  (would be easier of the CanVec ID's were
> intact... but oh well)   I'll have to think about the idea while I'm
> camping this weekend...

Okay, I realize this is a bit of a diversion; but how are you pulling
daily planet files onto your server?  I have tried to do a similar thing to
get the planet.osm file onto my own server so I can extra MB maps
regularly.  However, it seems I can NEVER get a good planet.osm download;
they're always corrupts.  Or did you start with JUST a download of Ontario
(using the XAPI API) and are just applying the planet diffs to that?

Thanks,
Tyler

Tyler Gunn
tyler at egunn.com