[Talk-ca] PR person for Canada/Ontario?

G. Michael Carter mikey at carterfamily.ca
Tue Jun 1 21:32:18 BST 2010

Do we have a PR person for OSM in Canada?

I've had this idea rolling around in my head.   Years ago, when I was in
high-school, the teacher of geography had us map out our local plaza.
Most of us just paced out the dimensions of the parking lot, locations
of the building, and any features, then we had to draw it all to scale.
We got marks on accuracy.

I thought it would be amazing if they taught this in schools from an OSM
perspective.   Have the students pick target.  (eg: park, their school,
local plaza, what ever)   Then have them map out the area based on GPS
co-ordinates and taking measurements.   Then have that data uploaded to
OSM.

I've tried three times to draft up a letter to my local MP and the
Minister of Education but can't quite get it right.   Do we have any PR
experts which could run with the idea?

Mikey

--
*G. Michael Carter*