[Talk-ca] Canvec.osm sample files are ready

Bégin, Daniel Daniel.Begin at RNCan-NRCan.gc.ca
Wed Jun 2 20:38:54 BST 2010

Bonjour Richard - et les autres cartographes d'Openstreetmap

First, sample files have been modified ...
- Peterborough-that-looked-like-Halifax has been replaced !-)
- addr:interpolation tag value=yes is replaced by odd or even
- Missing names on some dual carriageways have been corrected
- 040P16 - Orangeville city area, ON has been added

Now, general/specific comments that should answer what you have found in Peterborough-that-looked-like-Halifax sample...

- Traveling direction is not taken into account in GeoBase/Canvec.  Oneways will have to be edited to indicate proper direction over the whole country.  It does not affect addressing interpolation  from point A to point B.

- Simplified junction to a single node seems to be a problem with Halifax GeoBase/Canvec data. The province will be notified. We should not find something like that any where else.

- Turning circle marked fixme=feature may not exist.  The feature receives pros and cons.  More comments that would help me to choose?

- Junction of  Bedford-Lady Hammond-Windsor Street respects the GeoBase and Canvec content!

- Overlapping features. It reflects the fact that there is no more complete map update program at federal level.  The updated content is provided through the GeoBase initiative.  As buildings are not a GeoBase layer, they have not been updated for a while.  That is where Osm mapper could eventually make a difference.

Cheers,

Daniel