[Talk-ca] Canvec.osm Product almost...

Bégin, Daniel Daniel.Begin at RNCan-NRCan.gc.ca
Thu Jun 17 18:00:37 BST 2010

Bonjour!

Before the Canvec.osm production starts, I have produced complete NTS datasets for samples previously offered - actually I have expanded the samples to cover the entire NTS tile and add 092G06.

Each NTS dataset have been tiled using a quadtree algorithm - a nice example of the result is 092G06 !  The .osm subtiles are zipped all together.  We are still using WinZip but we might eventually move to gzip or bzip.

Have a look!
And, by the way, can you make sure everything is still OK with the data?

Cheers,

Daniel

________________________________

From: talk-ca-bounces at openstreetmap.org [mailto:talk-ca-bounces at openstreetmap.org] On Behalf Of Bégin, Daniel
Sent: 15 juin 2010 15:10
To: talk-ca at openstreetmap.org
Subject: [Talk-ca] Canvec.osm Product almost...

Bonjour à tous,

We are still on schedule for Canvec.osm product.  We should be able to start the production later next week.  Each NTS will be tiled using a quadtree algorithm. A tile splits when there is more than 25K nodes in it.

Each tile is named after the dataset name + tiling subtree.  Subtree naming convention is  0=SW, 1=NW, 2=NE, 3=SE.  Each subtree level is separates with a "." - like in 021E05.3.2.1

Example:  http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/CanVec#Canvec_Product_-_Osm_format

Regarding splitting threshold, 50K nodes is Osm xapi maximum.  With 25K nodes I make sure you can add all the stuff you have/that is already available over the area before uploading it.

Cheers,

Daniel