[Talk-ca] CanTopo!

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 03:22:15 BST 2010

Hi,
I'm cc'ing your notice to talk-ca.

So the CanMatrix TIFFs, although georeferenced, they are older.
However, they can still be used with Merkaarator.

For those of you who have been under a rock about Merkaarator, (like
me) the editing tool is very good.
It allows nice viewing of WMS layers, which seems to be better than JOSM.

Whats surprising, is that the area which is the Capital Region
District boundary, as well as the backroads are actually available.

This significant for  ALL of Canada, because it means that there is no
need to approach the cities about data, until these CanTopo &
CanMatrix PDFs and TIFFs have been fully exhausted.

So on top of the CanVec data, that were all looking forward to seeing,
we can further detail the OSM map with this stuff.

Note: City Boundary data could very well be available as SHP files. If
anyone finds it, please do share :-), then we can create a rules.txt
and make the .osm files available.

--
Twitter: @Acrosscanada
Blogs: http://acrosscanadatrails.posterous.com/