[Talk-ca] Canvec.osm Product - Last Call !!!

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 22:20:08 BST 2010

Awesome!

I'm downloading them now and taking a closer look, It is important
that any errors (even if you dont think they are that big), get noted.
  As it's ALOT easier to change the source script now... before the
run through than to have to stop & re-start the process when errors
are found later on.

For those of you who haven't noticed, i put in comments on the 11 wiki
pages 'OSM Tag charts' - discussion page, as there have been ALOT of
changes since last year with the initial canvec-to-osm script
rules.txt file.     There are about 378 unique features in this
dataset package, where all of them need to be checked, checked and
re-checked then checked once more, to make sure that all of these tags
are the best possable and community approved tags.
In many cases, new tags had to be created to accommodate, and we wiki
pages made as proposal pages.   (Although after people start copying
in, it will be more active use, but not necessary 'community
approved'.)   As we would rather not need to make a CanBot to go
through and fix the data.

I have also added a new section to the wiki page
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/CanVec#CanVec_in_.img  as
(hopefully) i'll be able to keep up with the conversion rate, so then
people will be able to use the data on their GPS even before it
actually gets copied into OSM. :-)   Since this copy-in process will
take a long time.

So this is something todo during the International OSM downtime
holiday July 1-3rd. :-)