[Talk-ca] Google Streetview

James Ewen ve6srv at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 21:56:38 GMT 2010

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 2:17 PM,  <simon at mungewell.org> wrote:

> Geobase should have all of the Canadian street names, and we can use
> those... just need to figure a way to display both to allow easy
> copying/transferal.

GeoBase contains some errors... One road near the area Richard pointed
out that Xelloss was working on was labelled at Saskatchewan South
Drive North-west by GeoBase. This stuck out, as it didn't look right
from my knowledge of the area. The rest of the roadway entered by a
local user agreed with my recollection, so I changed the name to
match, Saskatchewan Drive South North-west... Yeah, that's proper... I
was poking around the area looking to see if the new ramp was in the
Google Streetview maps, and happened to see a streetsign with the same
road name. This is what triggered the question.

I guess that also brings up the question, can I point you at a Google
Streetview to discuss issues such as the Grandin Road issue that I
posted previously. We aren't using Google data to map the area, or
anything, but just consult...

> Simon.
> VA6SDW.... as we seem to be including call signs.

Not everyone, just the cool guys... I include mine, as I use it as my
username on OSM...