[Talk-ca] WMS Layer for canvec data / toporama

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 23:18:25 GMT 2010

Sweet thanks.
I just used that big weblink and added that as the WMS layer and it works :)

Was that the full list of features?  (are there any more features that can
be added to that url string?)

It looks awesome!  as it also lists the road network layout.  It looks like
it lists the road names but just the major roads.   The geometry of all the
roads will be identical to the canvec roads & geobase roads that Adam is
currently importing for BC.

So all thats needed for us regular mappers is to use that as a guide for
drawing in more features.

For southern Vancouver Island, most of the canvec data was already imported,
so we can use this as a point of reference so others can figure out what the
toporama features compare to. ... if that makes sence....

Sam