[Talk-ca] Canvec Product - osm format

Bégin, Daniel Daniel.Begin at RNCan-NRCan.gc.ca
Wed Mar 10 21:06:21 GMT 2010

Hi Frank

Good to read you again!  Thanks for the image (and text?) adjustments.

About a possible missing node at intersection of ways 1 and 3, the model aims at sharing nodes when the ways are shared/overlapped.  In the example, way 1 and 3 are crossing each other, they don't overlap as for ways 2 and 3.

Thanks,

Daniel

-----Original Message-----
From: steggink at steggink.org [mailto:steggink at steggink.org]
Sent: 10 mars 2010 15:26
To: Bégin, Daniel
Cc: talk-ca at openstreetmap.org
Subject: Re: [Talk-ca] Canvec Product - osm format

Bégin wrote:
> Bonjour tout le monde,
>  I've started to document the Canvec.osm product in the wiki.  I'll
> use the Canvec related pages to do it
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/CanVec.
>  The geometric data model is open for discussion
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/CanVec:_Geometric_Model
>  The proposed tagging will be updated soon in the corresponding
> Canvec:* pages
>  I'm inviting you to look at the documentation and comment on
> appropriate discussion pages on via this mailling list.
Hi Daniel,

Interesting text. Few comments:
* I've updated the image. The tags on ways 3 and 5 are not needed, since those are the outer ways of multipolygons. I also removed the JPEG artefacts (saved as PNG, etc.) and enhanced the color for wooded areas. By the way, shouldn't there be a node at the intersection of ways 1 and 3?
* I think it is possible to do imports in the fully integrated model as well. It isn't necessary to import everything at once, but it could be done in multiple iterations.

Regards,

Frank