[Talk-ca] FW: Canvec Product - osm format

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 04:50:20 GMT 2010

Cool,
As of right now, the wiki is the most current source for the tagging details.

The GoogleDocs chart is not far behind. :-)

Because this is a NRCan vanvec product (directly from the source) any
changes to the tagging structure needs to be directly with the
talk-ca@ AND NRCan directly, so then the master conversion program can
be edited.

So the wiki (although it can be edited) needs to be grayed out & a
notice put at the top indicating this.

So, the biggest change is in the new tag 'natural=landform;
landform=*' with a few subvalues.
I hope next week we can get that sorted out.

My aim for next week is to get a wiki link/proposal/voting page or
detailed section available for ALL of the canvec features. This way,
there wont be any surprises once the data is available :-)

This past week i continued work on wiki pages, (with some fierce
editing of aboriginal lands as an example) so please join in & help
make these wiki pages the best they can be.

Thanks,
Sam Vekemans
Across Canada Trails
Victoria, BC