[Talk-ca] Missing highway ramps on OSM map, not missing on Ibycus topo map

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Sun Mar 21 20:09:09 GMT 2010

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 3:43 PM, Marc Provencher
<marc at marcprovencher.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm new here, pardon the newbie vocabulary.

Welcome.

> While comparing the OSM maps and Ibycus topo map for Alberta, Canada, I
> noticed that the OSM version is missing several highway ramps.

You can fix those yourself.  No need for a Linux box, but a GPS is
handy.  I see that the aerial imagery in that area is mid-construction
of those ramps, so you'll want to have gps tracks.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=50.91656&lon=-113.97833&zoom=15&layers=B000FTF

Collect a gps track as you navigate those ramps, then upload the
tracks to OSM, and edit the area right from the OSM web site.

I'll be doing an OpenStreetMap talk in Calgary in a couple of weeks.
Drop by if you can, it will be good to meet with you and several other
OSMers from this list.

http://cossfest.ca/schedule

I notice some mapping errors in this area from user NytOwl, I'm
sending a note to that user.