[Talk-ca] More Google ...

Yves Moisan yves.moisan at boreal-is.com
Wed Mar 24 17:35:58 GMT 2010

Le 2010-03-24 09:30, Marc Provencher a écrit :
> Super!! This is a nice app.  Très utile.
>
> Marc
>

> On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 5:39 AM, Bégin, Daniel
> <Daniel.Begin at rncan-nrcan.gc.ca
> <mailto:Daniel.Begin at rncan-nrcan.gc.ca>> wrote:
>
>     Bonjour,
>     I've just find a nice web application that enable Google/Osm
>     comparison using transparency (slide bar is on NE corner)
>     http://sautter.com/map/

There is also http://tools.geofabrik.de/mc/, which allows side by side
comparison using various OSM renderers.  If you supply it with url
parameters for lat, lon and zoom level you can check things for specific
areas.

I just noted comparing OSM Mapnik and tiles at home that on the latter I
see much more meaningful symbols for soccer fields, and I get a point to
identify the centroid of the superimposed fields (e.g. C and 9, which
don't render well on the Mapnik view) :
http://tools.geofabrik.de/mc/?lon=-72&lat=45.355&zoom=17.  I just found
out I can use Tiles at Home to solve some of the rendering problems I
mentioned a few months ago on this list !

Cheers,

Yves