[Talk-ca] [Imports] Vancouver campus data

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Fri Mar 26 11:13:26 GMT 2010

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 4:46 AM, Gregory <nomoregrapes at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Please let me know your thoughts. I originally wandered if it's worth it
> (it's not a large scale import) but I think it would give me valuable import
> experience (including the agreement side) and in the short time I'm still
> here it might aid me make some more OSM contributors. Also, it will make the
> UBC coverage go way beyond University of Victoria, and kick their mapping
> ass/arse!

Some other focused, campus projects have been interesting.

http://weait.com/content/which-university-campus-best-represented-openstreetmap
http://weait.com/content/campus-maps-big-ten-universities-part-one
http://weait.com/content/campus-maps-big-ten-universities-part-two

You could also host a mapping party and get photos for
http://openstreetview.org/ or some walkway panoramas to add to
OpenTrailView http://www.free-map.org.uk/otv/