[Talk-ca] Canadian postcodes

Emilie Laffray emilie.laffray at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 13:16:16 GMT 2010

On 26 March 2010 14:11, john whelan <jwhelan0112 at gmail.com> wrote:

> If I do a search "en3 6rg,gb" it returns a UK location correctly.
> en36rg,gb also returns the same results.
>
> For Canada k1e3p6,ca returns a lcation but "k1e 3p6,ca" does not.
>
> Can this be fixed please?
>
> Would some one like to give some guidelines on entering Canadian addresses
> please.

I suspect you might want to talk to Brian Quinion if you want the system to
be modified to accept postcode as you want. He is the developper for
Nominatim. What he has is pretty brilliant but there is clearly ways of
localizing the program, which he hasn't done much since it is not easy!

Emilie Laffray