[Talk-ca] script for changing existing CA postcodes?

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Fri Mar 26 21:02:44 GMT 2010

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 4:20 PM, john whelan <jwhelan0112 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Would it be possible for someone to write a script and execute it that went
> through the OSM database and where country=CA change the format for the
> existing post codes to remove the space to make them searchable?
>
> If some one could point me at a bit of sample code I could probably write
> the script.

Let's give the nominatim developers a couple of days to react to your
bug report first.  No point in deliberately butchering the correct
postcode data.

Deliberately making the data incorrect to fix a bug seems suboptimal.
The risk of a mis-behaving script, not once, but twice, seems
contra-indicated as well.

What's your rush?