[Talk-ca] Data imported from Geobase_Import_2009 and tags

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 17:25:39 BST 2010

>Does nominatim not work for you?

"Slater street, Ottawa, ca"  returns "Slater Street, Centretown, Hull,
Ottawa, K1P 5H3, Ontario,
Canada<http://www.openstreetmap.org/?minlon=-75.7106094360352&minlat=45.413646697998&maxlon=-75.6923828125&maxlat=45.4229011535645>
"

Hull is the old name for Gatineau in Quebec, across the river, but the
location is fine.  It's the local Orleans addresses that don't seem to come
up.

"select blooms, 1675 tenth line, ontario, ca" actually comes up with
"Florist Select Blooms, 1675, Tenth Line Road, K1E3P6, Ontario,
Canada<http://www.openstreetmap.org/?minlon=-75.4910507202148&minlat=45.4693984985352&maxlon=-75.4908447265625&maxlat=45.4696006774902>"
and the correct location but that was on the fourth search attempt playing
with the address and most houses don't have a business name in the address
address to help.

Single house next to the way link was useful.  I can work with that leaving
off city etc.

Thanks John