[Talk-ca] Addressing in Canvec.osm

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Wed May 12 13:43:48 BST 2010

Hi,

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 4:32 AM, Bégin, Daniel <
Daniel.Begin at rncan-nrcan.gc.ca> wrote:

> Hi Tyler,
>
> What distance did you use? I was to use 0.0001 degree (about 10 meters in
> Halifax) for addressing in Canvec.osm.  What would you suggest?
>
> For all, concerning adderssing tags, I am going to use...
>
> interpolation line
> - addr:interpolation
>
> First/Last node of interpolation line
> - addr:housenumber
> - addr:street
> - addr:city

So (from how i understand it)
It would actually be a simple process of manually copying over each way
segment and pasting it with an offset, looking at it and adjusting the size
of it... so it lines up to where we see the 1st house (from imagery) to
where we see the last house/building.
or ...
As oh... the direction of the way is from lower # to higher house number? so
it would be 3 separate passes through the data to get the
1 - road name
2 - left side (2 house numbers) - adjust .0001 degress
3 - right side (2 house numbers) - adjust  -.0001 degrees

If thats automatic.. that'll be awesome!
I also cc'd feralbob for comments :)