[Talk-ca] Yukon Mapping Protected areas

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Thu May 13 06:14:58 BST 2010

Cool, so i take that as confirmation we can use it for OSM.
Awesome.

Its probably a bit early to be digging for gold (gps tracks from KTA
anyway) as its hard to find trails when the railway/ and/or
abandoned/telegraph trail line isn't mapped yet. And point of
reference is still difficult in black space.

I think that once these parks get mapped, ... canvec geobase.... we
will see more activity anyway.
... otherwise i'll need to bike up their myself... although i hear the
distance is a little daunting.

Thanks again,
I'll keep in touch for when i finish converting it all.  It will be
great to compare with the Aboriginal_lands areas that i already am
working with from geobase, and the data from Atlas of Canada

P.S.
Wow, yup NRCan is a BIG warehouse with many shelves.
http://clss.nrcan.gc.ca/data-donnees-eng.php

For the talk-ca list: you can see that the 'GeoBase - Aboriginal
Lands' is what user:Neskie started converting for BC, and i went ahead
and converted the rest.  (the tags are still debatable.. as always)
and so, PLEASE, if anyone is working on some of the other datasets,
please let the talk-ca list know about it, and update the wiki with
some kind of reference, there is ALOT  of data available, and i dont
claim ownership to it :-)  Anyone who has learned how todo the
conversion is free to jump in and help.  (As i do want these things
done, they are on my list ... but if others beet me to it, that's fine
by me)