[Talk-ca] Fwd: Bots and such

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Fri May 14 02:00:27 BST 2010

Oops.  Should have sent this to the list.

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 6:44 PM, john whelan <jwhelan0112 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Whilst adding cycle paths recently I was at the OSM data with JOSM I
> stumbled across two houses that were joined as if interpolated but the tag
> "addr:interpolation" had an invalid value of "Even" not the valid one of
> "even", so the interpolation wasn't shown on the map.
>
> Are there any tools that could at a minimum detect and identify such
> problems and possibly even in this case correct them?

There are a number of bots that make automated edits in OpenStreetMap.
 The topic of bots does raise strong opinions and has lead to some
guidance including a code of bot conduct.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Bots
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Automated_Edits/Code_of_Conduct
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Guidelines

The xybot makes similar spelling repairs to the one you've
recommended.  I've added your suggestion to the suggestions page here:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User_talk:Xybot/FixKarlsruheSchema

So perhaps xybot will pick up your idea.