[Talk-ca] Surrey Data

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Wed Nov 3 00:52:52 GMT 2010

I think the most useful is the orthophotos, followed by the address data,
followed by traffic signals. From what I've seen the alignment for roads in
surrey is pretty good already, although it might be worth converting those
so they can be used as a background like I do with CanVec.

For data like the light standards it would be cool if we could do lit= from
them, but importing the light nodes themselves might be an issue. Although
there is a tag for a node to mark it as a streetlight, keeping any nodes
added up to date with any changes would be hard.

I definitely think that it's pretty cool that they've made available all
this detailed data and essentially left it to the users to decide what is
relevant. It may be that some of the data never gets used, on the other
hand, if I wanted to go and look at the efficiency of surrey street lights
by area based on lamp type, they've given out enough detail to do so.