[Talk-ca] Pay-and-display machines

Gordon Dewis gordon at pinetree.org
Thu Nov 4 03:44:36 GMT 2010

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 11:34 PM, Richard Weait <richard at weait.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 9:33 PM, Gordon Dewis <gordon at pinetree.org> wrote:
> > Ah... that looks like the right thing. Thanks! So, would the prepaid
> cards
> > you can buy from the City of Ottawa be considered
> > payment:electronic_purses=yes?
>
> I'm not sure about that one.  Aren't electronic purses / electronic
> wallets useful at multiple vendors, and refillable?
>
> Perhaps account_cards?  or add stored_value_cards or prepaid_cards?
> payment:account_cards=yes
>
> Why are all of those values plurals?  That seems weird.

I looked at the German example of the electronic_purses that is mentioned in
the Wiki and it was a chipped card that stores cash. As far as I know,
that's how the City of Ottawa cards work. I'm not sure if the City of Ottawa
cards are restricted to being used for parking or if there are plans to
expand them to be able to be used for other City of Ottawa services.

I've added one of these devices (976335024) to Ottawa and specified it
accepts coins, credit cards and electronic_purses. Annoyingly, they don't
seem to be rendered in Mapnik or Osmarender.