[Talk-ca] More CanVec import problems

Adam Dunn dunnadam at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 02:03:22 BST 2010

I'm sorry, I misread your email. I thought the untagged way was currently in
OSM, but you are saying it's in the Canvec file.

I downloaded 062G01 from
ftp://ftp2.cits.rncan.gc.ca/osm/pub/062/G/062G01.zip (the ftp says last
modified July 13, so there haven't been any updates or corrections to it),
and I still don't see any bad ways. There are some ways that have no tags,
but that is because they are members of relations. It is normal for
relations that are multipolygons to not have tags on some of the ways. See [
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Multipolygon] for more about
multipolygons. I've taken a screenshot of a way in 062G01.0.osm near
49.1000, -98.3150. You can see the way is highlighted in white with
directional arrow "whiskers". In the Properties pane there are no tags for
the way itself, but it does say it's a member of a "wood" multipolygon with
83 members total. Do you not get something similar? You would then
right-click the relation listed, "Select relation", and then copy-paste from
one layer to another.

Adam