[Talk-ca] Shoreline adjustments?

Daniel Begin jfd553 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 25 23:52:13 BST 2010

Hi Steve,

I would propose to have a  look in the osm wiki.  There is plenty of
information you need to know to understand how osm works...

About coastline updating frequency...

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Coastline

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Coastline_error_checker

You will understand why the shoreline/coastline doesn't update frequently
!-)

About features tagged natural=coastline and source=PGS...

Early osm "large" water bodies were created using Landsat imageries.  There
were no way to make the difference between inland water and the actual
coastline.  But you can!

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Almien_coastlines_(PGS)

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Prototype_Global_Shoreline

Welcome on the list :-)