[Talk-ca] OSM Import Validations

Gordon Dewis gordon at pinetree.org
Thu Oct 28 21:52:56 BST 2010

One thing I've been wondering about WRT data brought in from Canvec is what
to do about the Canvec-related attributes when correcting/extending ways
that came from Canvec. Specifically, I'm thinking of the "source" attribute.
I usually remove the source attribute if I've change the way, combined it
with other non-Canvec ways, extended it, or similar. I expect the convention
for this sort of thing is written down somewhere, but I haven't seen it.
Some guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Gordon (KeeperOfMaps)