[Talk-ca] Deleted nodes.

Frank Steggink steggink at steggink.org
Mon Sep 6 17:45:00 BST 2010

Hi Michael,

You might want to look at upload.py [1]. This is a family of scripts
related to OSM uploads and other processing. One of the benefits is that
with it you can "sort" the data, so that ways and relations are uploaded
immediately after the nodes are uploaded. This will prevent large
amounts of unconnected nodes. As you know, JOSM first uploads all nodes,
then all ways, and only then the relations.

If only nodes are missing, then you could try to upload another time. If
you've already ended up with duplicate ways, etc. then you can try to
see if they are cleaned up by validating the area in JOSM, select
"Duplicate ways" in the Errors branch, then then fix. For some reason
this doesn't work all the time...

Regarding those edits from magellan and the like, I've been hit with
them sometimes as well (not with Canvec, but with 3dShapes in the
Netherlands). It is very annoying. Just send them a PM that they should
not clean up recent data, say anything which was uploaded less than a
few days ago.

HTH,

Frank

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Upload.py