[Talk-ca] "NTS Canada- OSM Import Progress Chart" was edited recently - Update

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 06:32:08 BST 2010

Hi all,
A quick note to let everyone know about the progress so far.

Lots of people have been updating the chart, and including 'planning'
as part of the update for the tiles that they are planning on working
on.

This helps everyone else a great deal, as it lets people know what
tiles are currently (relitevly) available.
Although it's not possable to fully keep track of the progress (since
osm is open live editing), the more people who are all on on the same
page, the better.

Overall, it looks like it's Saskatchewan that is still rather empty,
so if anyone is looking to help, it's available.

For me, I'm actually working on the Tagging system and trying to make
some sence of it :) by developing a system that will work.

Also, if anyone else is interested in trails, im planning on
extracting all of the 'highway=footway' data out of the canvec.osm
files and turning them into gpx tracks. So if anyone wants to help, it
would be cool :)

Thats all for now,
Happy Mapping
Sam