[Talk-ca] CanVec import troubles

Adam Dunn dunnadam at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 00:43:14 BST 2010

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 1:31 PM, Tyler Gunn <tyler at egunn.com> wrote:

> I'm not 100% sure what happened with the Canvec data you uploaded, but it
> looks like the tags are missing from lot of the ways.  The wooded areas are
> not showing up because they're not marked natural=wood, and the watered
> areas are not showing up water because they're not marked natural = water.

Were these areas originally relations? Remember that to select a relation
(including the tags) in Josm, you have to double-click on the relation in
the relation list, or select it in the list and click on the dotted square
button, or right-click the relation in "Member of" and select the relation.
Simply highlighting the way is not sufficient. It sounds like this is what
may have happened.

Adam