[Talk-ca] import complaints

Samuel Dyck samueldyck at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 00:09:56 GMT 2011

I /think/ I'm responsible for that big error in Hudson Bay. I've fixed
it, but can't quite figure out how two small mistakes caused that big
glitch. Perhaps the real problem is that the coastlines are updated only
a few times a year, I fixed the problem as soon as I saw it, and yet it
will persist on all levels. (I don't know if this can be changed, don't
interpret this as a demand or passing of the blame for the error)

In regards to the imports. I mostly import in areas without any decent
aerial imagery, or in some cases people (though in some cases images
came after the import) . If someone is willing to pay me to map these
areas (I don't mind donating time, but I need to eat/get there) and give
me good aerial imagery and a high quality GPS I will swear off Canvec,
but that doesn't seem likely.

Sam Dyck