[Talk-ca] Construction update. Toronto-area mappers

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Thu Dec 22 22:59:26 GMT 2011

Dear All,

A portion of the 401 construction near Highway 10 / Hurontario is now
open to traffic.

If you will be passing through this interchange in the next little
while, be sure to grab a GPS trace!  :-)  I was surprised to find
myself on the new collector lanes westbound when starting from the
collectors at the airport.

I don't believe that the construction here is finished. It appears
that the new collector lanes will continue further west.  I didn't get
a look at the eastbound side.

Traces from 410 southbound to 401 westbound, and other ramps in the
area are likely to be helpful as well.

Happy mapping,
Richard