[Talk-ca] [AtlanticCanada] Introduction

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 11:30:00 GMT 2011

... but their is a conflict, as OpenStreetMap is not as 'free' as some
people in the OSGeo community has indicated. (from my presentation to
the osgeo-bc chapter last summer).

But I agree, I can take a more professional approach, and write a
Paper about this.

It will be interesting to hear the results of if OSGeo-BC have changed
their opinion, and perhaps this opinion is not reflected in Atlantic
Canada?

.... or perhaps there is no interest in discussing it, as people will
still misunderstand what 'free' means, even after April 1st.

I guess only time will tell.

--
Twitter: @Acrosscanada
Blogs: http://acrosscanadatrails.posterous.com/