[Talk-ca] Revert in Aylmer is complete

Bégin, Daniel Daniel.Begin at RNCan-NRCan.gc.ca
Wed Feb 23 17:13:01 GMT 2011

Bonjour Jonathan,

NRN (source of Canvec road network) was not supposed to contain any "planned" street but I understand that some have been included accidentally in Quebec. Field work might be necessary until the next NRN version is available and included in Canvec product.

Daniel

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Crowe [mailto:jonathan.crowe at gmail.com]
Sent: February 23, 2011 11:45
To: talk-ca at openstreetmap.org
Subject: Re: [Talk-ca] Revert in Aylmer is complete

Richard, thank you. The reversion is coming up in Mapnik now -- I didn't have to check in an editor after all -- and things look back to normal as far as I can tell. If there are glitches, they can't be very widespread.

I notice that the addr:interpolation ways are still there, which all in all I think is a good thing. They can be a little off in some of the newer developments (e.g., around Wilfrid-Lavigne north of Allumettières); older streets match up better with the addr:interpolation ways. And it's somewhat ghostly to see them where there are no streets. These are things that can be tweaked manually -- but still less work than we would otherwise have faced. [1]

I'm reluctant to trace in street ways between the ghost addr:interpolation ways without confirming on the ground the existence of the street, in case the imported data includes streets on the drawing boards that have not yet been built (which I spotted in at least a couple of areas, unless the City of Gatineau has been busy over the winter). I plan on surveying these streets in the spring, unless someone else who lives closer beats me to it.

[1] http://osm.org/go/cIhDQbn1M-

Jonathan Crowe
The Map Room: A Weblog About Maps
http://www.maproomblog.com