[Talk-ca] Using ImportImagePlugin in JOSM

Peter Freeman petersfreeman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 04:53:57 GMT 2011

Hi Stewart and Richard,

I've struggled with this all day and although I understand it a lot
more, I am no closer to solving why nothing shows in JOSM.  An
interesting symptom is that when the zoom is stuck on 20037.5 km, I
chose "File/Download from OSM..." and after the Download window loads,
the Bounding Box Tab has the min lat, min lon, max lat and max lon all
set to 0.  In reality JOSM is zoomed right into the equator at the prime
meridian.

What would help me is to have a sample raster image file and world file
that actually works with this plugin.  I would also like to contact the
authors of the plugin but cannot find their email addresses.  I just do
not know what else I can do to get this working.  I have what I believe
to be a credible .jgw file built by the Georeferencer:

0.999967938948794
0
0
-1.000857790409799
369.106307182451076
-142.902420109208720

Where:

    * Line 1 is the X width in metres of a pixel
    * Line 2 is the X skew
    * Line 3 is the Y skew
    * Line 4 is the Y width in metres of a pixel
    * Line 5 is the X position of the top left corner
    * Line 6 is the Y position of the top right corner

I figure that even if the numbers are incorrect, it should still place
the image somewhere else and perhaps the wrong size, but it should be
there.  It is not.

Any clues?

Thanks,

Peter