[Talk-ca] Railways duplicated in CanVec data

Samuel Longiaru longiaru at shaw.ca
Fri Jun 3 04:30:48 BST 2011

OK... I can set up one dedicated to Canvec imports.  That's no problem
if that is the preferred practice.   I do remember now reading that
reference in the Wiki that states " Consider creating a new user for the
import" but I interpreted the reason for doing so as not applicable as I
was not adding anything to the source tags.  So I did what was asked...
I considered it... but I didn't do it.  Also, I am not blindly or
mechanically importing but editing and tweaking as I go, so I guess
there is a gray area as to what is CanVec and what is "personal".  I
also label all the changesets as CanVec imports so that they are more
obvious in my own edit history.  But if it makes things easier to
track... I'll continue from now on under a different account.

Thanks for the guidance.

Sam