[Talk-ca] Secret routing demo.

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Sat Mar 5 20:46:35 GMT 2011

On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 2:43 PM, Adam Dunn <dunnadam at gmail.com> wrote:
> This site is great for finding route errors. OSM will really improve
> thanks to this. I can't believe how many errors there were, and major
> ones that would prevent road trip planning for travellers. Thanks
> Richard, and the other programmers involved!

I agree, except with the part about me.  My only involvement is
letting you know about it.  ;-)

The code is here, http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/routed/ , so those
motivated can run their own router.  Geofabrik was intimately involved
in the development and it's currently running as a demo on one of
their servers.  University of Karlsruhe students wrote much of the
code and Jochen and Frederick made some adjustments for the demo we're
using.

They did great stuff.