[Talk-ca] Batch transformation from rcn_ref=1 to Route

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 21:57:02 GMT 2011

One technique is simply to use JOSM, select the ways you want to modify then
add the tag to all the ways in the selection.  You can also delete tags in
this way as well.

Just be aware that standardization seems to be a word that OSM is not always
comfortable with.

The other technique if you are happy in VB is to get a local .osm file of
Quebec then have a program run down the file to create changes to be
uploaded by JOSM.  I suggest you test it on a small area first.

I can email you a basic VB program that does something similar if that would
be of use.  Be aware that bots and software such as this can create havoc.

Je suis capable de lire le français but as you can see fairly hopeless at
writing it.

Cheerio John