[Talk-ca] Woods along Canvec Borders

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 15:07:19 GMT 2011

Hi Daniel
Cool thanks, this also helps

This could also explain for some of 'holes' that were seeing on CommonMap
http://api.development.i386.commonmap.org/?lat=49.7172&lon=-121.122&zoom=12&layers=B0000FTF
<http://api.development.i386.commonmap.org/?lat=49.7172&lon=-121.122&zoom=12&layers=B0000FTF>as
it could be the actual data it's self, taken from a different year over year
along nts tiles
This data does origionate from GeoBase
http://www.geobase.ca/geobase/en/data/landcover/csc2000v/description.html

So for the new version of CanVec, will the map features it be directly
derrived from this LandCover data?
If so, we (Primarly just Brendan) has done the osm-tag matching
https://github.com/morb-au/CommonMap-importers---experimental/blob/master/schema/ca.lc/ca.lc.schema.pl

If needed, I can convert this into a 'proper' spreadsheet showing each of
the osm-tags.

I'm currently going through all of these tags again, and matching it up with
the existing canvec features, (as well as Natural Earth, GeoBase NHN and
GeoBase NRN) for the Formal 'CommonMap Feature catelogue'

Let me know if their is interest in this, and i can speed up the process :-)