[Talk-ca] Importing MLI park boundaries

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 03:29:49 GMT 2011

Hi,
The National Parks data will be removed from the osm api next friday,
as it will be considered 'tainted data' since the person who uploaded
the data doesn't agree to the new contributor terms.
This helps, as it makes it easier to add in the Manitoba parks data.

Since knowone volunteered, the conversion script for the MLI data will
be availbale on github :)
and the shape files on koordinates.com

Soon(TM)

cheers,
sam

On 3/25/11, Samuel Dyck <samueldyck at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Everyone
>
> The Canvec data for MB provincial park boundaries is horribly inaccurate
> and this bothers me greatly. The government of Manitoba offers good
> boundary data and a bunch of other cool stuff though the Manitoba Lands
> Initiative, which I believe we can use, but I've never converted
> Shapefiles to an API 0.6 compatible osm file (or at all really). How
> would I best do this?
>
> Sam Dyck

---
Across Canada Trails - Beyond 2017 - The National Trails Network
Victoria, BC Canada

Twitter: @Acrosscanada
Blog: http://acrosscanadatrails.posterous.com/
Skype: 'Sam Vekemans'

Member, CommonMap Inc.  http://commonmap.org/
IRC: irc://irc.oftc.net #CommonMap
Also find us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn