[Talk-ca] Winnipeg Transit data published PDDL

Hiebert, Douglas dhiebert at winnipeg.ca
Mon May 9 22:18:33 BST 2011

On 2011-05-09, at 3:56 PM, Tyler Gunn wrote:

> On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 10:51 AM, Richard Weait <richard at weait.com> wrote:
>> Winnipeg Transit has published their gtfs data as PDDLv1.0.  The zip
>> file includes a LICENSE file with the PDDL dedication.
>> http://gtfs.winnipegtransit.com/google_transit.zip
>
> Nice!
>
> Has anyone looked at importing this?  I was thinking of using GTFS/OSM
> Sync (http://code.google.com/p/gtfs-osm-sync/ ) to bring the data in
> for Winnipeg.
>
> Tyler

Hi Tyler,

I work for Winnipeg Transit and am the current maintainer of the GTFS export. While I can't speak to the quality of any of the GTFS importers, GO_Sync looks pretty comprehensive, and our GTFS feed should contain all of the data they mention. If you or somebody else does end up trying some of the importers and either have questions about or run into any issues with the data, I can try to resolve them.

We also have an internal inventory of amenities like benches and shelters provided at each stop, but we don't export that yet via either our API or GTFS feed (though I'm open to suggestions on what formats to use for this data if it would be useful to export it).

- Doug