[Talk-ca] [HOT] Flooding in Richelieu River, Quebec, Canada :Follow-up(Complement of information)

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Fri May 27 19:17:56 BST 2011

2011/5/27 Daniel Begin <jfd553 at hotmail.com>:
> Bonjour tous le monde,
>

> I have generated a 30m and 31m contour lines for Richelieu river and lake
> Champlain (using SRTM data). It fits the 30m contour provided by
> Jean-Guilhem but doesn't seem to fit pretty well the flooded wetland area
> provided by Pierre.
>

> Any idea if this data can be used (usgs licence point of view)?
>
> And if it can be usefull?

SRTM is USGov-PD.  It is probably most-useful as a separate layer to
displayed over other / better / different data.  That keeps it out of
OSM; keeps the origin clear; and make it easy to combine as desired
with other data.

It would be "hacky" to publish the 30m, 31m, etc. topo lines as gpx,
but it would make mashing them up in OpenLayers or on various other
maps pretty easy.

Example and tutorial:
http://weait.com/content/easy-osm-your-gpx-tracks